Aviation Authority Board approves capital and operating budget for Fiscal Year 2024
The outlook projects TPA will see 25.2 million passengers in FY24, an 8.5 percent increase over FY23.
Last week, on Sept. 7, the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority Board Members approved the Authority's proposed Fiscal Year 2024 Capital and Operating Budget, solidifying funding for a strong, productive and busy year ahead at TPA, as well as Peter O. Knight, Tampa Executive and Plant City.
The Authority's fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30.
Among some of the highlights of the FY24 budget, the Authority projects:
- An 8.5 percent increase in passengers over FY2023, estimating 25.2 million passengers
- A $29.1 million increase in revenues over FY2023, estimating $408.6 million
- A $17.7 million increase in operating expenses over FY2023, estimating $198.9 million
- An annual debt service level of $61.9 million, increased from $55.2 million in FY2023
- A record pre-capital bottom line of $151 million
- A capital program consisting of 26 projects totaling $95.7 million, with $83 million of the total amount funded from either Authority reserves or the issuance of debt
Those capital projects include the Airside E shuttle replacement, Tampa Executive Airport runway and airfield work, major tree trimming work for all Authority airports, a Main Terminal LED technology refresh, and several other much-needed items and rehab work so the Authority can continue to deliver the highest standards of safety, efficiency and customer experience at its four airports.
For more information about the Authority budgets and other financial facts and statistics, go to: https://www.tampaairport.com/facts-statistics-financials