Four tastes of Tampa Bay to collect along your TPA travels
Whether you are a local or just passing through, Tampa Bay has plenty to offer from iconic flavors to handcrafted jewelry – all of which you can find at Tampa International Airport. Here are four local treasures you can snag along your journey through TPA.
1. The Restaurants: Tampa Bay is bursting with fresh flavors, so it’s no surprise that you can find your favorite locally owned restaurants at TPA.
- Ulele: Native-inspired food fresh from Florida is Ulele’s specialty. Stop in for burgers, chicken and Ulele Spring Brewery’s craft beers and cocktails, located in Airside C.
- Cigar City Brewing: Enjoy a pub-style menu as well as handcrafted beer created with local ingredients at Cigar City Brewing located in Airside C. Established in 2009 in Tampa Bay, Cigar City Brewing is the only place in the country where beer is brewed on-site at the airport.
- Goody Goody Burger: This local eatery and Tampa favorite, founded in 1925, serves up hamburgers, fries, milkshakes and pies. The POX burger is a classic favorite with onions, pickles and “secret sauce” and can be found in Airside C.
- Louis Pappas: If you’re looking for authentic Greek cuisine, Louis Pappas is the spot, featuring the Louis Pappas Famous Greek Salad with potato salad at the bottom, a 90-year local tradition. Located in Airside C.
- The Café by Mise en Place: This spinoff of the staple Tampa restaurant Mise en Place, features menu items both intricate and simple, along with a tea and cocktail bar with an endless wine selection. Find The Cafe by Mise en Place in Airside F.
- The Columbia Café: A sister to the Original Columbia restaurant in Historic Ybor City, this traveler-favorite features authentic Spanish/Cuban flavors of Tampa from centuries old recipes including the Original Tampa Cuban Sandwich and the famous “1905” Salad. Located in Airside E.
2. Local Coffee and Tea: There’s no shortage of local coffee or tea to choose from at TPA with staples such as Buddy Brew Coffee and the ever-delicious Café Con Leche, plus many more.
- Cafe con Leche: Coffee and pastries are available at Café Con Leche. Café Con Leche, located in Airside C, features a variety of flavorful coffees roasted in Tampa by Naviera Coffee Mills, Florida’s oldest roaster.
- Kahwa: Kahwa Coffee established in the Tampa Bay area in 2006 has become the largest independent coffee roaster in the State of Florida. Try the delicious coffee blends in The Shoppes at Bayshore located in the Main Terminal.
- Buddy Brew: Buddy Brew coffee offers fresh brewed and roasted coffee and pastries. Established locally in Tampa Bay, Buddy Brew coffee can be found in Airside F.
- TeBella: A local tea company established in Tampa Bay, features hand-blended craft teas available at The Shoppes at Bayshore located in the Main Terminal.
3. Knick-Knacks and souvenirs: Don’t forget the mementos! Bring home your own piece of Tampa Bay while supporting small businesses with some of the local brands featured.
- Bourbon and Boweties: A small business located in Tampa Bay known for their stunning jewelry creations calls the Tampa International Airport home. Find Bourbon and Boweties in The Shoppes at Bayshore located in the Main Terminal.
- Seventh Avenue Apothecary: This local favorite helps you bring the cozy feeling home with hand poured soy wax candles and features Tampa- and pirate-themed gift sets, found in The Shoppes at Bayshore located in the Main Terminal.
- Humbadorables By Susan: Handbags created from up-cycled Cigar Boxes hold so much of Tampa’s history. Created by local artist Susan Jordan these handbags highlight Tampa’s rich history in the Cigar Industry. Find them at The Shoppes at Bayshore located in the Main Terminal.
4. Travel-ready attire: Haven’t you heard that Champa Bay is here to stay? Sport your favorite gear and get it here at Tampa Bay Sports. Not a fan? Snag some Spanxx on your way to the plane.
- Tampa Bay Sports: Tampa Bay is known for many things, including fantastic sports teams. Tampa Bay Sports, located in the Main Terminal, has authentic apparel to support the Tampa Bay Lighting, Tampa Bay Rays or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If college is more your style you can find Florida State university, University of Florida and University of South Florida gear as well.
- Spanx: Spanx by Sara Blakely are available at TPA's Airside C. Emergency garments, body enhancing pieces, and active wear selected by Sara Blakely, an area native, are perfect for any travel situation.
Be it Bourbon and Boweties or TeBella tea, there's so much to choose from at TPA. Snag a gift for a loved one - or one for yourself - and get it all before it flies off the shelf.