10 ways to shop local at TPA
Tampa Bay is home to a growing number of new and local brands, and that doesn't stop when you arrive at Tampa International Airport. After a multi-year renovation, we have completely reimagined our shops and restaurants with a greater emphasis on all things local.
We've got Tampa Bay-based coffee shops, restaurants, breweries, fashion designers, beauty products and, of course, cigars. We are the Cigar City, after all.
And now, we've made it easier than ever before to find these items. Next time you're traveling through TPA, look for the "TPA local" icon on products or displays to discover what is local to the Tampa Bay region.
Here are 10 ways you can shop (or dine) local at TPA:
1. Toasty beverages: Yes, we've got Starbucks. But we also have a wide-variety of regional coffee shops, including local options on every airside. Kahwa (Main Terminal - The Shoppes at Bayshore, Airside E - Air Essentials or Bay to Bay and Airside F - The Cafe at Mise en Place); TeBella (Main Terminal -The Shoppes at Bayshore); Cafe Con Leche (Airside C.)
2. Chilly Beverages: There's really nothing better than an airport beer - unless your airport brews their own local beer on-site. Grab a local brewski at Cigar City Brewing (Airsides C or F) or snag a Mother Kombucha (Main Terminal - The Shoppes at Bayshore) on your way out.
3. Pastries: The Tampa Bay region is home to plenty of delicious baked goods - and TPA is no exception. Chef Jeremy Duclut of Cassis Bakery in St. Pete blends classic French recipes with modern American style to offer an array of fresh pastries from scratch. Find these baked delights at illy Caffe (airsides E or F), Air Essentials (Airside E) or Bay to Bay (Airside F.)
4. Confections: Sweet tooth? Satisfy it like the locals do by snagging some decadent Toffee To Go toffee (Main Terminal - The Shoppes at Bayshore) for yourself -- or give it as a gift. Not a toffee fan? Try some of the area's finest chocolate - made by Pinellas Chocolates. Every bar is at least 62 percent cacao and above - so you know you're getting the real thing (Shoppes at Bayshore).
5. Candles: Inhale the sweet scents, exhale the jetlag. TPA has an array of candles, melted and poured by local brands like Tipsy (The Shoppes at Bayshore - Main Terminal) and Seventh Avenue Apothecary (The Shoppes at Bayshore). These make the perfect gift to anyone on your holiday list (or yourself.)
6. Cigars: Hand rolled in historic Ybor City, Matador Tampa Cigars make for the perfect taste - or puff - of the region. Pick up one of Tampa's best cigars inside The Shoppes at Bayshore located inside the Main Terminal.
7. Restaurants: We make it easy to get a taste of Tampa Bay without even leaving the Airport. With local restaurants like Ulele, RumFish Grill, The Café by Mise en Place, Burger 21, Ducky’s, Goody Goody, Cigar City and Columbia Café, you won't run out of spots to grub. See which restaurants are currently open and where they're located here.
8. Beauty: Looking to support local brands while looking and feeling your best? Canviiy, a company that sells natural-based scalp care, got its start RIGHT HERE on the shelves of Tampa International Airport's The Shoppes at Bayshore. The company now sells in hundreds of Target stores and all across the world. Another woman-owned company, Conscious Coconut, sells organic coconut oil products while giving back to the community by supporting local and country-wide charities.
9. Jewelry: Forgot your bling at home? Grab a TPA Bourbon and Boweties bangle (or a bunch) or shop Monya Flora for handmade women's jewelry (Main Terminal - The Shoppes at Bayshore.)
10. Sports: Bucs, Bolts, Rays and Rowdies, Tampa is getting closer and closer to becoming a titletown. Support your local teams at the Tampa Bay Sports store in the Main Terminal.